Monday, November 3, 2008

Future Soccer Player at Iron Mountain


He/She is def. going to be a soccer player! The baby knows that something is going on...I haven't been exercising like I use to or for that matter at all so my days have been short covered with exhaustion and going to bed early. I decided this weekend that things would change and I would allow myself to have the easiest delivery of all if I picked back up and started exercising. I considered it a favor to myself and only the best for the baby!

I had veered away from my workouts being discouraged from the Olympic Trials but decided that was an excuse that had runnout by November 1st. So I rolled out of bed on Sunday, consumed some fantastic fruit and headed out toward my big literal obstacle~ Iron Mountain. Iron Mountain was something I couldn't even do when I was in shape! So conqueoring this would be a fanstasical start to getting back into the swing of things. It just so happened this was the one day a year it rains in San Diego! Lucky for me, since otherwise the tempature and feel of the mountain would resemble a desert since we happened to live in the desert and I would often forget. It would just be silly to do it on a normal day. Today, temps were cool with a cool mist- perfect!

I set out and at first didn't think I was going to make it. The first part of the hike was strictly uphill and exhausting on me since my normal oxgyen is reduced and shared with the little guy. Halfway through, I smiled as I passed a bunch of boy scouts! heeheehee! I reached the top and sat down with a Nutri Grain bar, a big bottle of water and a journal I've been writing in to give to our baby when they turn 18. I shared all of my hopes and happiness overlooking beautiful San Diego and then headed back down to complete my 6 mile hike for the day!

We reached the bottom just in time for the rain to start coming down and for me to hit the living room and curl up and rest from the exercise. I felt energized and ready to attack the week. And the baby, well.....she/he was fluttering all over the place- so she/he loved it!

I woke up, rolled out of bed on a gloomy Monday morning to do it all over again and hit the weight room, just baby and I hanging out and gettin' in shape. I took it much slower than the training in my past but enjoyed every second of it. I know baby had to as well!

Ok the baby's first picture-is finally scanned and uploaded! I think the baby looks more like me at this point but I'm sure will take on Sean's features soon! If you're confused, the baby's head is to the right! My next doctor's appointment is in 8 days so all the girls over here are counting down! More Soon!

2 comments:

Livid said...

I wanna do Iron Mountain my next visit. Suck it boy scouts!!

The journal is a sweet and very Beth nostalgic idea.

Laraine Jacobus said...

Oh Beth! Nice to know you are back to business as usual. Great picture, I can totally see a mini Sean in there;) 6 mile hike hunh, sound fun. Things in KS are good. Starting to feel normal without my bestfriend around...I don't really want to get used to that though. I have been subing at a preschool on K-state and they offered me a job. Great pay compared to what I make now although it's not art...it's more like pratice for the future, not as near future as you but...
take care Beth and enjoy your glow.