Thursday, January 15, 2009

6 Months Down, 3 Months to Go!



So I have made it 6 months into being pregnant and there are alot of things I am experiencing along the way. The most sacred is late at night or early in the morning. I will lay in bed or slowly wake up to Baby Marks kicking me telling me to get up. "Mom," I can hear him saying in there, "Get up, Now! Baby is hungry!" And that he is after gaining 23 pounds in 6 months! I have found myself changing my diet to better my energy levels and make Baby Marks much more happier and he has responded very well and so has my energy....it's funny, everyone asks how I am feeling. I reflect back on the past 6 months and I have dodged morning sickness, I don't have weird cravings, and I have stayed in fairly great shape for a normal person riding out my former athletic body but there is one thing I did notice......one small thing....not sure if I have always been this way or the pregnancy magnifies it, but being 6 months pregnant and 23 pounds front heavy I have noticed...that I am now extremely clumsy!



I guess it happened 2 weeks ago. I was cooking company some hamburgers and was walking around the pool. I happened to step right through a plastic cover for the pool filter and well you can see the damage in this picture....afterwards I found it pretty funny but of course I freaked out and decided to get no topical pain killers to be the best mom ever. I endured the stitches and blocked out the pain (precursor for labor perhaps?). 1 week later I needed to treat myself and so I rode my bike over to the nail salon. After elongating the ride to a full hour around town I wheeled it into the salon exhausted and everyone turned at my grand entrance...I knocked down their Buddha shrine with the bike! After apologizing and trying to fix their bowls of sacred water and oranges I did a quick 'in the name of the father, son and holy spirit' and then couldn't help myself. I burst into laughter right along with the nail technicians....after all a pregnant lady busting into a nail salon with a bike knocking over a Buddha shrine is not something you see everyday!

No comments: